30 Jan Archeological Museum Ex-Polveriera Guzman
Posted at 11:30h
in Art places
From Spanish poder keg to museum
Along the walls of Levante of the historic center of Orbetello this splendid example of Spanish military architecture is part of the fortifications system built in 1692 to protect the capital. This stone-roofed structure was outfitted with four obelisks positioned in front of the windows in order to protect the explosive contents from weapon fire. After docking at Talamone, Giuseppe Garibaldi came here to stock up on weapons and ammunition for the Expedition of the Thousand.
The Museum is currently closed
How to get to Archeological Museum Ex-Polveriera Guzman
Exit SS1 Aurelia, continue to Orbetello/Porto Ercole, take SS 440 and follow the signs to Viale Mura di Levante direction via Antonio Gramsci.
May also be interested ...
- Monte Argentario
Ein Berg zwischen Meer und Land
Der höchste atemberaubende Panoramablick erreicht man auf dem Monte Argentario. Der Vorgebirge ragt bei den Insel...
Capraia, wild island
The island of Capraia is the third biggest of the Tuscan Archipelago, and is located northwest of Elba Islanda, 16 miles f...
- Gorgona island, the smallest Island of the Tuscan archipelago The penal island turned tourist destination is among the most popular of the Tuscan archipelago where you can admire an incontaminated nature.
- Giglio Island The goats island
The island has been inhabited since the Iron Age. Giglio owes it's name to the presence in past times of numerous goats (αίγες...
- The ideal vacation in Tirli for lovers of nature Tirli in the area of Maremma in Grosseto is surrounded by wonderful woods, the ideal place to spend several days immersed in nature.
- Gli altri borghi della Maremma Qui di seguito troverete un elenco aggiornato degli altri borghi della Maremma:
Castel del Piano
- By bike to make your holiday perfect The ideal sport for whoever wants to experience unforgettable moments and discover the varied and spectacular landscapes of the Tuscan Maremma from a ...
- A Castiglione la bici è d’epoca, con la “Maremmana” Continuano le iniziative con cui Castiglione della Pescaia si prepara ad ospitare il 98° Giro d'Italia che, nei giorni 14 e 15 maggio farà tappa in ...