19 Jul La badiola estate | Acquagiusta Wine
della Tenuta La Badiola
Vino ed Olio
Acquagiusta Wine, la Badiola keep: the cellar that transforms maremma into wine
Wine of the Tenuta la Badiola
RESEARCH AND EXPERIMENTATION
A project, that of the La Badiola estate, that from the start has based itself on research and experimentation, with consideration for the climate and complex existing natural factors. Water, soil, climate, sun and wind, are some of the main elements that are taken into account to understand the interaction with the vineyard, to decide exposure of the plants and communicate with the different personalities of the vines and the wines. Today there are around 20 hectares of cultivated vineyards, composed mainly of the vineyards of Vermentino, Viogner, Cabernet Sauvignon, mertlot, Alicante and Syrah, all concentrated in a single body, divided into two specific parts, to the west and east respectively.
... FROM VINEYARD TO GLASS
On the Badiola estate in Castiglione della Pescaia, Tina and Luca manage the shop that carries the name of the associated winery. You can try the wines and oils produced here, accompanied by delicious bruschette and typical Maremman cold cuts, and buy them!
Good wine and Maremma, perfect duo
Based on the studies done, the western vineyard of Tenuta la Badiola, with the Vermentino and the Viogner, has been the place of production for grapes for white wines. In fact, this piece of land was once crossed by the Acquagiusta spring, and presents a soil poor in main elements, while in contrast rich with bones and mineral substances. Visibly distinguishable by the light color of the soil, the latter causes absorbence of heat, moderating it and creating the conditions for the vegetative activity. In the lighter soils a higher residual humidity (owing to the dispersion of heat) together with a slightly shorter vegetative phase favor the growth period of the grape bunch with increased enrichment of white wines.
As far as the eastern vineyard goes, again based on experimentation, the planted grapevines are those (Cabernet Sauvignon, Alicante, Merlot e Syrah) for the production of red and rosé wines. Here the different analyses have in fact encountered a notable presence of nutritional elements in a darker soil, capable of absorbing more warmth. As such the radical activity of the plant is notably influenced, prolonging the vegetative activity and with it generating a positive delay in the maturation with the right accumulation of the components that favor the production of a good red wine.
- Color Straw yellow color with tenuous greenish shades
- PerfumeScent of floral and fruity notes, pleasant legume background
- Flavor Fragrant flavor, delicat with an important acidity that confers freshness and pleasant to drink. Interesting, round and prolonged persistency.
- Grapes100% Vermentino grapes
- Color Mature onion skin color
- PerfumeScent of red fruits and spiced and balsamic notes of the mediterranean vegetation.
- FlavorVigorous and at the same time elegant flavor, excellent balance of acidity and softness. Structured to the palate with a persistend and aromatic aftertaste.
- Grapes00% Alicante grapes
- Color Intense ruby red color
- PerfumeScent of small preserved red fruits with intense spiced and balsamic notes of the mediterranean vegetation.
- FlavorScent of small preserved red fruits with intense spiced and balsamic notes of the mediterranean vegetation.
- Grapes35% Merlot, 35% Cabernet Sauvignon, 30% Syrah grapes
- Color Straw color, intense..
- PerfumeIntense scent with spiced and balsamic notes of juniper flowers and myrtle leaf after a storm. Mineral notes that remind of broken rocks.
- FlavorElegant flavor, delicate, with a roundness of alcohol and acidity that confers balance and persistency.
- Grapes100% Viognier grapes
Color Yellow color with shades of green.
- Perfume Fruity scent, net of olive with herbaceous hints.
- Flavor Sweet opening flavor and leaves room for a delicate charge of bitter and light spiciness with interesting herbaceous fragrances.